Located in the C-Building of Main Campus, Lower Level.
The Student Services Office is open Monday-Friday from 7:45am to 3:45pm. Services provided center on academic, college/career, and personal/social student counseling needs. Counselors are assigned to students alphabetically by last name. To meet with a counselor, students must schedule a meeting through the Student Services Secretary in room 3108.
Last Names: A-Dau
Last Names: Huh-Mon
Student Services Staff:
Administrative Assistant to Student Services
Transcript Requests GAFutures.org Free to submit to In-State participating schools (link to https://www.gafutures.org/)
Parchment: $5.95 for In-State & Out-of-State schools https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/9435/account)
Dual Enrollment Information
Dual Enrollment Presentation Recording: https://tinyurl.com/etowahhighschoolde2023
Dual Enrollment Information & Process: Dual Enrollment Interest Process
Cherokee County School District Dual Enrollment Information
University System of Georgia Resources and Links: USG Resources and Links
Accelerated Career Dual Enrollment Information: CCSD Dual Enrollment Info
CCSD Dual Enrollment Participation Form: 2023-24 Dual Enrollment Participation Form
Mental Health Information
Peer Pressure and Bullying
Drug awareness and support group information
Students may access scholarship information by following Etowah Student Services on Twitter, visiting the Electronic Scholarship Library or in person using the scholarship binder available in the counseling office. Please check back frequently as scholarship information is updated as it is received. For additional resources please visit GAFutures.org or FastWeb.com.
FAFSA, Hope & Zell Miller Scholarship Information
For information on Georgia’s HOPE Program along with the additional state aid options you can visit this website https://www.gafutures.org/hope-state-aid-programs/.
For access to the nationwide independent scholarship finder; as well as, highlights federal aid please visit this website https://www.gafutures.org/federal-aid-scholarships/.
You can also contact Marcus Hilliard, Georgia Student Finance Commission, Outreach Representative by phone at 404.694.8844 or email at MARCUSH@GSFC.org.
The following are instructions from GSFC to use to apply for the HOPE & Zell Miller scholarships. Zell requires that you submit your SAT or ACT score directly to the Georgia Student Finance Commission, as described below.
HOPE & Zell Miller Scholarship Application Procedures
To check your HOPE calculated GPA, you must log-in to your GAFutures account. If you qualify to receive the HOPE Scholarship or Zell Miller Scholarship after graduation, follow the instructions below to apply:
- To be eligible for the Zell Miller scholarship, the HOPE calculated GPA must be at least a 3.7 and the student must have an ACT score of at least 26 or an SAT score of at least 1200 (math and reading).
- Request to have your SAT score sent directly to the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) using code “0472” (from your SAT account?www.sat.org)
- Request to have your ACT score sent to your home and then forward the?unopened?report to GSFC at 2082 East Exchange Place Tucker, GA 30084
- You only need to send one test score to GSFC – the highest one achieved in one sitting
- If your student has a 3.0 – 3.69 HOPE calculated GPA, they do not have to send a test score, because they do not qualify for Zell Miller.? The percentage of tuition paid each year by the HOPE scholarship varies from year to year based on GA Lottery revenue.? The Zell Miller scholarship still pays 100% of tuition at public GA colleges/universities.
- Students can check their current HOPE calculated GPA on their account at?www.gafutures.org
- After spring semester grades are posted, Etowah will upload all transcripts to the GSFC.? Your student’s college will communicate directly with GSFC to determine how much tuition to charge you.
If you have any further questions, please contact your college/university and/or Mr. Hilliard at GSFC as they are going to be your best source for information on HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships.